Level Up and Team Oxy Presents Super Smash Sundays!
We’re teaming up with Team Oxy to bring competitive Smash players to the hottest training grounds in SoCal! Starting this August 11 and every other Sunday, Smash players can compete for cash and prizes with some of the best players in the region! Come out and support this amazing collaboration as we’re continuously bringing the hype for fighting game fans in Southern California!
– introduction –
Team OXY is proud to be partnering with Super Arcade to bring a hot new training ground for the Southern California Smash scene. With the standard set by the Wednesday Night Fights and The Runback series, Super Arcade is the prime location for Socal smash to expand!
– location –
1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789
-a large local venue which can fit 100+ players and spectators
-ample tables and chairs for casual and tournament play
-outdoor and indoor spectating environment
-arcade cabinets for when you need to take your mind off smash
-adjacent to many local restaurants; situated in a prime shopping center in the heart of Socal
-free and easy parking right outside the venue
-stream and production quality unmatched by any other local tournament venue
– stream –
There will be a high quality stream on site. More info as it comes in!
– schedule –
1:00 pm – tournament starts
full schedule TBA
– cost –
Venue fee: $5
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $5 per teammate
– prizes –
– ruleset –
- Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled
- Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
- Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
- Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
- First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
- Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
- Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
- You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
If there are further rules disputes, the analogous, but more detailed, Team OXY official ruleset will be used.
We’re happy to announce the Brawl community joins Super Smash Sundays starting Sept. 15! Brawl will have its dedicated day opposite of Melee!
Check out the official event page for Brawl’s kick off tournament at Super Arcade: